The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is forcing companies throughout the world to re-think and re-evaluate their existing business models. Almost all of these enterprises need to close their offices by the lockdown restrictions temporarily. However, corporations are adapting to the situation and are finding ways to continue with their business operations in the market. The top management of the organizations is now allowing their employees to work remotely from the comforts of their homes. In doing so, the companies have to overcome the following challenges:
- Maintain proper communication channels among employees to boost team collaboration,
- Resolve technical hitches like Internet outages, slow broadband network connectivity, and software application crashes,
- Ensure smooth employee engagement although the distractions staff members face at home, and
- Safeguard sensitive information from potential cyber-security threats like data theft or malware attacks.
For the above reasons, many companies are now hiring managed IT, service providers to help them successfully implement their work-from-home strategies.
Managed IT Service Provider Orange County companies and remote work services
Managed IT service providers are third-party companies who remotely handle their business clients’ IT infrastructure. These enterprises assume the responsibility of controlling day-to-day computer operations on behalf of their customers. The qualified professionals in the payroll of these organizations perform a diverse range of tasks which include:
- Infrastructure management,
- Delegation of data access privileges to employees according to their work profile,
- 24/7 Network monitoring and hosting,
- Hardware management,
- IT Audit,
- Cyber-security including virus removal and malware detection, and
- Data backups in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery strategies.
The experts of reliable managed IT Service Provider Orange County companies say they help companies execute their work-from-home strategies in the following ways:
- Enhance network security of their client’s IT infrastructure to foil all forms of external cyber-security threats,
- Offer clients the option to use their in-house cloud-based infrastructure and data centers remotely,
- Configure their clients’ virtual private networks (VPNs) to adapt cloud-based remote access technology,
- Provide their clients’ employees with the proper training to make the transition from work-from office to work-from-home, and
- Deploy the right email, video-conferencing, and instant messaging communication platforms to facilitate the work-from-home transition.
The advantages of hiring reliable managed IT service providers, for companies transitioning to remote work are as follows:
- The outsourcing of IT operations results in considerable cost savings for the enterprises,
- Access ready-to-use cloud-based infrastructure, which takes months to develop in-house, and
- Proactive response and support from highly experienced specialists to resolve sudden technical issues.
The experts of reliable managed IT Service Provider Orange County companies sum up by saying hiring managed IT service providers can help companies transition to remote work smoothly. However, they need to be careful when it comes to selecting the right third-party corporate vendors. The companies’ should have a good market reputation and relevant technical certifications to prove their expertise. In addition, the cloud-based infrastructure and technical assistance which the service providers offer should be by the companies’ IT needs. Above all, the pricing policy of the third-party vendors should be within the companies’ budget for success.